Implementing approaches to rewarding the workforce that truly motivate and help people throughout their careers and address productivity while helping to manage employment costs.
The LGA Consultancy offers the following products and services to optimise pay and reward structures:
Job evaluation schemes
The LGA offers expertise in the following job evaluation schemes:
- the National Joint Council scheme, devised to support single status and agreed by both union and management sides
- Joint Negotiating Committee Chief Officers, an LGA developed bespoke scheme which is in place in a wide range of local authorities and other public bodies
- the Police Staff Support Committee 13 factor scheme
- the Greater London Provincial Council scheme.
All of these schemes have support via directly-employed consultants and associate consultants.
More broadly, the LGA is also in a position to provide the following for its members:
- training for individuals on how the scheme works so that they can be panel members
- expert advice on how to complete job evaluation questionnaires, including running employee and manager workshops
- ad-hoc support to local authorities during the period of benchmarking and evaluating posts
- advice and support on pay solutions
- expert advice to individual authorities on appeals processes
- bespoke presentations on how the scheme operates
- one to one interviews with managers to compile accurate information on job evaluation questionnaires
- salary comparison information to help to inform pay decisions
- management of appeals processes
- pay and reward consultancy.
Additionally, we can provide detailed market analysis of where individual authorities’ own pay strategies fit in the wider labour economy utilising our own national data as well as that of other bodies. We can:
- undertake pay modelling
- work up pay policy
- assist in implementation.