Employer Link’s services are provided by employment relations specialists with unrivalled knowledge in local government pay, pensions and employment relations.
Employer Link is a trading name of the Local Government Association (LGA). It gives non-local government HR and finance professionals up to the minute information on changes to local government terms and conditions and employment law, as well as clear practical advice about how these impact the HR practices and workforce in a range of organisations.
Our comprehensive service includes online resources and direct advice from our teams of industrial relations specialists. You will benefit from early warning on key issues that affect your organisation, and be safe in the knowledge that you are minimising the risk of breaching your responsibilities as an employer.
Online resources are hosted on the LGA website. You will be redirected as appropriate.
- Employer Link newsletter - June 2019
- New EdTech Strategy (24 April 2019)
- Teachers' pension scheme - response to consultation on funding the increase in employer contributions for 2019/20 - England only (23 April 2019)
- Request for examples of flexible working resources to support schools (15 April)
- The Department for Education teacher recruitment bulletin (15 April)
- Annual national education conferences for HR professionals supporting schools - open for bookings (12 April)
- Restricting exit payments in the public sector: consultation on implementation of regulations (11 April)
Employer Link hosted a webinar on Monday 18 February which was specifically designed and tailored for multi-academy trusts. It was an opportunity to assess the next steps for the apprenticeship levy and how we can increase apprenticeships in the education sector more widely.