Supporting the application of strengths-based working across safeguarding and all practice
The Making Safeguarding Personal Toolkit has been updated and is now in its fourth edition. The toolkit aims to provide practical support to people working in practice and gives key messages for Directors of Adult Services, Chairs of Safeguarding Adults Boards and Principal Social Workers.
The toolkit provides an overview of core topics with links to key resources within the text and specific practice tools attached which can be downloaded and printed for use by individuals, in supervision, team meetings and other learning forums. The strengths-based tools can be used across all areas of practice.
- The toolkit is divided into three main sections:
- Providing information and support in safeguarding
- Upholding the rights of people involved in safeguarding
- Achieving resolution and recovery in safeguarding.
Each section contains:
- An overview explanation
- An introduction to the topics covered within that section
- Relevant links to resources and guidance in relation to each topic
- Practice tools which can be downloaded and printed off as required.
A final section provides a number of case examples and reflective exercises to support application to safeguarding practice. These can also be downloaded and printed.