The 'Must knows' are a long-standing source of information and support and focuses on the key issues facing portfolio holders. They are updated on a rolling basis.
Links to LGA resources elsewhere on this site can be found in each publication.
- How do you know your council is doing all it can to promote integration to improve health and social care outcomes at a time of change?
- How do you know your council is doing all it can to improve mental health
- How do you know your council is actively tackling loneliness?
- How do you know that your council is providing effective suicide prevention?
- How you know know you are making progress in the personalisation of adult social care?
Making it real
- How do you know you council is being effective in keeping people safe?
- How do you know you are getting the most of our your relationship with health overview and scrutiny?
Public health must knows
Other key issues for lead members of adult social care are explored in the LGA resources below:
- How do you know you are making the best use of scarce resources?
Efficiency and sustainability in adult social care
- How do you know that your council is doing all it can to deliver on prevention?
- How do you know that you are making progress locally for people with a learning disability or autism who display behaviour that challenge?
Autistic people and people with learning disabilities
The LGA also provides resources on care and health integration, health and wellbeing boards, commissioning and market development, transfers of care, safeguarding and public health and mental health and wellbeing.
'Must Knows' of lead members for children's services
The 'Must Knows' for lead members for children's services were comprehensively revised for 2015 and focus on the key issues facing children's services.