The LGA and North West Employers are working together to discover the organisational development (OD) and cultural change needs of local government organisations so they can develop guidance and a support offer in the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic.
To develop the guidance we will:
- work with a number of leading practitioners and academics in this field to identify effective solutions
- talk to chief executives and senior leaders in councils who are already doing this work well and share that learning
- work with existing networks that are meeting to discuss OD and culture change solutions.
From this research we will create guidance and simple but powerful tools for everyone to use – organisations, practitioners and those working with them.
We would like to engage you in the detail from the outset to:
- share our early thinking and get your feedback
- align and connect with what you are doing
- draw on your knowledge and experience of your region.
Questions we would like to explore include:
- where are the exemplars of good practice?
- who might we engage to get input across a wide spectrum of practice capability?
- how might we go about this and how might you support us in accessing people?
With this in mind we are proposing to work with individual councils on a regional basis to progress this work.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.