Part of your role, as a ward councillor, is to support your residents by directing them to the appropriate complaints channels and resources, and providing representation where appropriate.
Councils provide services and make decisions which affect the lives of local residents. It is inevitable that sometimes people will feel that a council has made a wrong decision, or has not fulfilled its duty in the services it provides.
This workbook will:
- take councillors through the complaints process and their role in it
- provide an overview of the ombudsman and what type of complaints they deal with
- direct you to sources of information for monitoring complaints
- explain how to use complaints to drive service improvement
- signpost sources of information for complaints that are outside your council's remit.
- Published by:
- Reference code: