Want to know more about the fantastic pension scheme for local government employees? Watch the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) 'Pensions Made Simple' videos on the LGPS members website.
We provide the secretariat service for the Local Government Pensions Committee (LGPC), a committee of councillors constituted by the:
- Local Government Association (LGA)
- Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA)
- Convention of Scottish Local Authorities (COSLA).
The LGPC provides technical advice and information on the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) and related compensation matters to LGPS administering authorities and employers. The service includes:
- a suite of technical guides on the LGPS and related compensation matters
- a suite of guides and leaflets for employees and councillors of the LGPS for administering authorities and employers to download and personalise for their own use
- a monthly bulletin highlighting issues affecting the LGPS
- an online library of LGPS statutory guidance and other related legislation
- the upkeep of timeline regulations for the LGPS
- a national website for members of the LGPS in England and Wales
We also provide a programme of pensions training for:
- LGPS pension practitioners
- LGPS employers
- HR and payroll staff
- pension committee and local pension board members.