Services provided by the firefighters' pension scheme.
The firefighters' pension scheme:
- provide a technical support service to Fire and Rescue Authority pension teams and their third party pension administrators
- act as a liaison between administrators and central government, providing advice and guidance on all pension related matter
- provide the secretariat service for the Firefighters’ Pensions (England) Scheme Advisory Board and facilitate forums for practitioners to discuss common technical issues and establish best practice in administration and communication.
Our services include:
- a range of administration resources including fact sheets, guides, and training material
- the production of a monthly bulletin highlighting issues affecting the FPS
- an online library of FPS regulations and actuarial guidance
- We also provide a programme of pension administration and governance training for:
- FPS pension practitioners
- HR and payroll staff
- Local pension board members.