The Better Care Fund was announced by the Government in the June 2013 spending round, to ensure a transformation in integrated health and care.
In June 2013, The Better Care Fund (BCF) was announced requiring the NHS and local government to create a local single pooled budget to incentivise closer working around people, placing their wellbeing as the focus of health and care services, and shifting resources into social care and community services for the benefit of the people, communities and health and care systems.
The LGA is a national partner in the delivery of the programme, alongside the Department of Health and Social Care, the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, and NHS England and Improvement.
For more detail about the background to the BCF, please visit NHSE’s BCF webpage.
For the latest news and announcements about the BCF, the Better Care Support Programme provides a weekly newsletter; to sign up to it, email email@example.com.
We can offer support with:
- additional or specialist capacity or expertise in developing or implementing BCF plans
- whole system, in-depth enquiries to feed into strategy-making
- opportunities for systems to identify and continue the good practice which came about in response to the pandemic
- targeting support in areas which have been experiencing challenges or wish to accelerate their BCF and integration ambitions
- a joint offer with the Better Care Fund Team and the Emergency Care Improvement Support Team to support councils and NHS partners prepare and deliver winter plans
For more information including National resources, publications, tools, case studies and webinar recordings, please visit the Better Care Fund sections of the System Transformation and Integration Resources page.