The Local Government Association has been awarded £1 million from the National Cyber Security Programme to fund local government officers in England to undertake a professionally certified course, as part of a sector-wide skills uplift.
Supporting councils to respond to cyber threats
We are supporting councils to develop the cyber security skills and knowledge needed to respond to cyber threats.
Is your council ready to respond to a cyber attack? Do you have the cyber security knowledge and skills needed, within your IT teams?
There is potential to fund an officer from every council in England to undertake a professionally certified qualification, from the list below:
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Security Management Principles (CISMP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Chief Information Security Officer (CCISO)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- other courses certified by:
If you have any questions related to this opportunity or any aspect of our Cyber programme, please email us at LGAcybersecurity@local.gov.uk