The LGA's associate membership scheme is open to organisations whose purpose and priorities align with those of the LGA. Associate membership is non-voting, with subscription levels based on the size of the organisation.
Corporate associate membership is also available to other membership bodies wishing to join on behalf of a number of organisations.
The LGA's membership year runs from 1 April to 31 March. All applications for associate membership must be approved by the LGA Leadership Board.
Benefits of membership
Associate members of the LGA are entitled to:
- Access the member-only area of the LGA website
- Sign up to receive policy papers, on-the-day briefings
- Attend paid events at membership rates and free LGA events
- Access to relevant contacts (subject to data protection)
- Online employment guidance and workforce consultancy support at reduced cost
Subscription levels for Associate members of the LGA are based on th size of the organisation.
- Under 10 employees: £2,500
- 10 - 100 employees: £5,000
- 100 - 250 employees: £7,500
- 250 - 750 employees: £10,000
- 750 plus employees: £12,000 - £20,000
- Other membership bodies: £2,000 per organisation represented
Corporate subscriptions for local, regional and national membership organisations can be renegotiated depending on the number and size of organisations represented.