Helpful resources for planners thinking about how to change and improve services in response to COVID-19.
This situation is changing rapidly, and we have put together some thoughts, resources and FAQs to share good practice and common questions.
- Planning update - inc. publicity and consultation on planning applications (inc. site notices); Regulations covering the changes will be enacted on 14th May 2020.
- CIL (payment deferral);
- Compulsory Purchase Orders (pragmatic approaches);
- Consultation and pre-decision matters;
- Construction site working hours.
Our FAQs have been updated and we’ll publish more details as we get them.
General update – items that haven’t changed: no changes to local plan publicity requirements (still under consideration); paper applications still need to be received and validated; no changes to 8/13 determination timescales; keep committees going virtually. ________________________________________________________________________________
Resources and information available
- FAQs - advice and answers to common questions relating to planning during COVID-19.
- Resources - we have published two guides: running virtual planning committees and revising protocols for virtual planning committees
- Plan making - policy planners discuss the implications for plan making during Covid-19
- PAS Bulletin - we're sending out our bulletin more frequently than usual while there is so much going on. Sign up here.
- The KHub is our open forum for asking questions and seeking advice - it has some useful discussion around site visits, site notices, consultation, monitoring. If our FAQs don't cover it, please feel free to raise them in a new thread or in a reply. At times like these there are no stupid questions.