A programme designed by the LGA and Government Equalities Office to help people return to work after a career break and join local government planning.
Local government, Town Planning is an exciting profession. Every day planners shape the places where they live and work on national issues like climate change and the housing shortage.
If you have experience in Town Planning and would like to return to work following a career break, this programme can support you to take that step.
Those who meet our eligibility requirements and are accepted onto the programme will receive high quality training, which will provide you with:
- a re-introduction to working in council planning
- an introduction to the future of planning and the Government’s proposed planning reforms
- the opportunity to complete developmental learning on core practical competencies
- an introduction to working in local government
- support to build your confidence
- practical learning from industry experts
You will also be given the chance to connect with councils that have planning vacancies. We cannot guarantee employment, but we are pleased to offer you a way to connect with councils who are eager to work with returning planning professionals.
Read our Candidate Information Pack for more information.
Apply today and take the next step in your career!