Queries about planning

The Planning Advisory Service is a service for local government only. We cannot advise members of the public, although you are welcome to post a question on the knowledge hub where there is a thoughtful and experienced set of practitioners.

You can find our knowledge hub which is open to everyone here. You have to register to post a question but it is free to do so.

The following organisations might also be able to help:

The Planning Portal offers a wide range of services and guidance on the planning system.

The Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) exists to advance the science and art of town planning for the benefit of the public and provides guidance on many key areas in relation to improving the planning service. Planning Aid England (PAE) is supported by the RTPI. PAE offer free, independent, professional advice on planning issues. 


Locality is the national support network for neighbourhood planning. If you're a parish/neighbourhood forum group then contact them for assistance.