The latest information and guidance relating to the COVID-19 vaccinations.
We are working as fast as we can to update this page with useful information for you. Please follow @LGAwellbeing for the latest updates and keep checking back.
DHSC COVID-19 vaccines delivery plan (January 2021)
GOV.UK - COVID-19 vaccination programme (updated January 2021)
GOV.UK - Current Government advice on priority groups (December 2020)
NHSE vaccinations data
LGA press release on preventing vaccine scams (January 2021)
NHSE Enhanced Service Specification for Primary Care Networks and Week One: Implementing the COVID Vaccination Programme (4 December 2020)
LGA press release on councils’ possible role in mass vaccinations (2 December 2020)
Vaccinations for frontline adult social care workers
Guidance for individuals
GOV.UK - Information about COVID-19 eligibility and vaccine supplies (7 December 2020)
GOV.UK - COVID-19 vaccination: a guide for social care staff (7 December 2020)
GOV.UK - COVID-19 vaccination: guide for older adults (7 December 2020)
GOV.UK - COVID-19 vaccination: what to expect after vaccination (7 December 2020)
COVID-19 communications toolkit
The Government's COVID-19 communications toolkit includes a suite of creative content assets for councils to use and amplify through their channels:
The toolkit includes:
- Vaccine safety, risks and ingredients - A suite of videos from Prof Jonathan Van-Tam, Deputy Chief Medical Officer
- Would I be prepared to take the vaccine? Be ready to be called. Vaccine prioritisation - Videos from Dr June Raine CBE, MHRA on public safety, Prof Jonathan Van-Tam
- The regulators critical role. The importance of speed and impact - Videos from Prof Chris Whitty, Chief Medical Officer for England, and Prof Andrew Pollard, Director, Oxford Vaccine Group
- Vaccine safety and testing - Videos from MHRA, Dr Christian Schneider and Interim Chief Scientific Officer at MHRA
- How the vaccine works, everything you need to know about the Oxford vaccine, clinical trials and the pace of development - Videos from Professor Andrew Pollard, Director of the Oxford Vaccine Group and Maheshi Ramasamy, Consultant in Infectious Diseases and Acute Medicine, and Professor Sarah Gilbert, University of Oxford
- Copy - to support sharing the videos on social posts or websites
- Vaccine facts cards for social with social copy - covering key information on the vaccines.
The toolkit will be updated over the coming weeks.
Public Health England’s campaign resource centre hosts vaccine-related resources.