EVP is an innovative approach to assessing and managing employee engagement to significantly improve productivity and efficiency within organisations.
What are the benefits of EVP
1. A unique diagnostic survey and tailored analysis and feedback to support them in evaluating and articulating the employment deal – what the council expects of its employees and what it offers in return.
2. The tailored analysis will provide data for council leaders to take account of in re-engineering public services.
3. The tailored feedback and companion guide will support councils to assess employee engagement levels and evaluate and improve management practices, processes and behaviours to achieve sustainable high performance from their employees.
EVP in local government
The LGA's support of EVP started in 2012 with a trial in four local authorities:
- Cumbria County Council
- Kent County Council
- the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
- Wychavon District Council.
Since then, it has been applied to another ten authorities, providing them with detailed information about their employees' perception of the ‘employment deal'. This allowed the councils to take action to address key organisational tensions, such as ‘achieving more for less', and to consider what measures to put in place to increase employee engagement and therefore improve productivity and performance.
If you would like further information please contact Nigel Carruthers:
Mobile: 0776 625 1641