What have we done this year? We have had a busy year for Employer Link subscribers! Here’s an overview of what your subscription gives you.
- Practical Advice including:
- Access to all the employment resources you need in one place, including guidance on national agreements like the Green Book and Burgundy Book
- Access to direct advice via telephone and email. We have unrivalled knowledge of the national agreements, and free guidance on changes linked to developments in legislation or industrial relations
- Information on employment issues that we are dealing with at a national level and provision of the necessary guidance, including in relation to changes to the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document (STPCD) and other sector specific guidance
- Shared learning from best practice across the sector and a network of similar organisations facing the same challenges as yours, such as:
- Assimilation to the new NJC pay structure
- Gender pay and ethnicity pay gap reporting
- Facility time arrangements Workforce wellbeing
- Being a disability confident employer
- Pay benchmarking
- Priority access to seminars and events in employment policy and legislation which are designed with your needs in mind. We have had some really successful events this year, including:
- Prioritising workforce wellbeing in schools where we discussed how to embed a wellbeing culture, and included practical tips and case studies from leading organisations in this field
- Annual teachers’ pensions conference connecting you with government officials and the latest updates to pensions
- Schools’ workforce policy conference was an opportunity for delegates to assess funding challenges and employment regulations
Dates for the diary!
Upcoming events from Employer Link
- Employment law training (London – 13 February 2019)
- Next steps for the apprenticeship levy in MATs (18 February 2019)
- Essentials for teachers pay (Dates TBC in both York and London – taking place in Newcastle - Spring 2019 and London – Autumn 2019)
- Schools workforce policy and employment law (York – 13 June 2019 and London – 18 June 2019)
- Annual teachers’ pensions conferences (London – 8 October 2019 and York – 17 October 2019)
- Future webinars on retention and recruitment, facility time arrangements etc. to be confirmed
If you would be interested in any of these events, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s coming up next year?
- 2020 pay claims for the Green Book are expected in the Summer/Autumn
- We will be representing Employer Link subscriber’s views on the new School Teachers’ Review Body (STRB) remit for its 29th report (i.e. recommendations for the 2019 pay award)
- Continue to update subscribers on the ongoing Fire Services pay negotiation
- Developing an evidence base on apprenticeships and work life balance
- Further updates on exit pay reforms
- The Local Government Association’s upcoming document focusing on priorities for workforce development including leadership, organisational change, skills, recruitment, retention and reward
Follow us on our LinkedIn page for regular updates and advice on HR and finance issues for employers.